About Christie Osborne
Welcome to Mountainside Media. You’ve found the place to turn your advertising and marketing efforts into real paying clients.
I’m Christie Osborne. I help event and wedding pros develop sane and scalable marketing strategies to grow their businesses. My deepest wish is to help you stop wasting a bunch of time and money on marketing and advertising that just doesn’t work.
Oh, and I’m really good at math and data analysis.
I can help you to ask the right questions and get meaningful answers through metrics and analytics.
Are you Working with the Best Clients?
Think about you clients for a moment. I’m sure you have a few good ones and a few that are, well, less that awesome.Why did you end up with those pain-in-the-ass clients?
If you’re like most wedding professionals, you’re often taking that aren’t the right fit just to pay the bills and make the mortgage.
I get it. It’s scary to say, no thank you to client, knowing that those bills need to be paid.
But when you take the time and care to properly market your wedding business, you actually have the power to attract better clients. Clients that fit your personality, creative vision, and lifestyle. Clients that leave you feeling energized and bring your creativity to soaring heights. Clients who value your work. Clients who will pay a premium for your services, so you can no only pay your bills but also love every moment of your work. You have the power to attract your perfect client.
I want to help you not only “book more clients”, but I want to help you find and book more of the PERFECT clients.
- Clients that pay you what you’re worth.
- Clients that LOVE your style and creativity.
- Clients that make you feel energized when you’re working with them.
I started a wedding blog in 2010. Like many wedding bloggers, I worked my way from obscurity an average monthly traffic rate of 12 visits into top-wedding blog status with a nationally ranked wedding blog, a low Alexa ranking and traffic in the 125,000 page views a month range.
I also serve as the Director of Interactive Marketing for my town. That’s right, I am a professional marketer who is responsible for reporting a direct return on a million dollar marketing budget.
I am not a pom-pom toting cheerleader. I am not a pushy, old-school sales girl. And I am not am I a middle-finger waving rebel ready to drop the F-bomb in the name of internet coolness and so-called authenticity.
I am not a guru . I didn’t just start a blog and “figure out” marketing just by searching on Google. I am the real deal.
From Bootstrapper to Million Dollar Marketer
As the Director of Interactive Marketing for Mammoth Lakes Tourism, I have worked with a million dollar advertising budget.
As a wedding blogger I have bootstrapped my way into top-wedding blog status, I have seen both sides of the ad budget coin I know what works and what doesn’t work in online marketing.
- I know how to properly set up both paid and unpaid campaigns that attract your perfect client.
- I know when to spend money on advertising and when to bootstrap it.
- And how to track ROI (return on investment), so you know your marketing time and dollars are actually booking the right clients.
I want to help you do the same for your wedding business.
What this blog isn’t:
- This isn’t another internet sales blog that teaches you blow-hard selling techniques that make you feel icky inside.
- This isn’t another “how to save time by scheduling your blog and social media posts” series.
- And this isn’t another “power of positive thinking, you can do it if you just network harder” platform.
What this blog is:
- Tried and true marketing and advertising techniques that get you real results.
- Wedding-specific tactics for attracting your ideal client, even when you live in a remote area.
- Real ways to figure out if your marketing is working and actually bringing in income.
Accolades + Service
- NACE Technology and Marketing Committee, 2019-2020
- Bizbash The BizBash Top 1000 People in the U.S. Event Industry
- NACE Speaker of the Year – nomination 2019
- International Academy of Wedding and Event Planning (IAWEP) 2018-19 Advisory Board.